Today is a beautiful, sunny day in Georgia. Like a lizard basking on a rock, I sat outside at lunch soaking up as much vitamin D as I could in an hour. I caught up on my blog roll, and fielding comments on my blog when I found that I’d received a little more sunshine.
As a devoted blogger and devour-er of beautiful content in the blogsphere, it was quite an honor to receive love and gratitude from a fellow writer. Thanks so much to the Food Yogi who nominated me for my second Sunshine Award! I wasn’t quite sure how to react in terms of posting as it seemed somewhat self-ingratiating, but I stopped myself to think about how to receive a gift.
We often think ourselves unworthy when someone gives us a gift, and may rebuff the gesture out of embarrassment or uncertainty of how to receive. But, we often minimize the gesture of kindness when we try to be humbly gracious. So, from the bottom of my heart, thanks to the Food Yogi for your gift of support and recognition.
So here’s how this works, I post the rules and tell a smidge about myself, and then I nominate some other awesome talent.
The Official Rules of the Sunshine Award:
• Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog.
• Answer 10 questions about yourself.
• Nominate 10 other fabulous bloggers.
• Link your nominees to this post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
• Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
1. Favorite color? Green.
2. Favorite animal? Dog (more specifically, my dogs.)
3. Favorite number? 13 (fight the stigma)
4. Favorite non-alcoholic drink? Kombucha
5. Prefer Facebook or Twitter? Facebook
6. My passion? Yoga
7. Prefer getting or giving presents? I love both. I love the feeling of seeing someone open a gift I’ve hand selected. And, who doesn’t like getting presents?
8. Favorite pattern? Depends on my mood. I’m a knee-jerk interior designer
9. Favorite day of the week? Sunday. My day of rest to meander about life without a plan.
10. Favorite flower? Daisy
Who I nominate:
- Leap: from Christa in New York – Motivation to take the leap you’ve been putting off. I could reblog everything she writes.
- Ahimsamaven – Love her style, candor and support!
- Bucket List Publications – I love the concept, and her posts are always inspirational
- Make Believe Boutique – Her imagery and simple statements are beautifully poignant
- The Pollen Path – Larah’s posts on her travels and healthy eating are so motivational
- Amanda Green Yoga – Great blog chronicles from an inspiring teacher
- MeaningfulWesternLife – Sharing ways to cultivate joy in a western life
- No Ruff Days – Daily dog pic with enlightening humor. Check out my likes and you’ll know why I love this blog.
- Have You Hugged a Tree Today? - She’s a a tree-hugging, yoga loving, vegetarian, hippie chick…and proud of it!
- Holistic Me – From nutrition to women’s health to self-esteem, she writes from the heart
Thanks again, Food Yogi!
- Your Charmed Yogi